Friday, July 18, 2014

Soft Matte Lipstick

So lately, I've been addicted to this lippies... the NYX Soft Matte Lipstick... At first, I was hesitating to try this lippie, for the reason that it was new to our country, Philippines. I was scared to try out other brand. But I was convinced by the ambiance of their boutique, it was so pleasant. I visited their branch at SM North Edsa.

Here is a video link, so you could check the beauty of their boutique: NYX SM North Edsa Branch

So i bought the shade of Istanbul. The shade was like a light pink, which was very good for daily use. You can use it when you are visiting a friend. attending a church mass, daily office works, and more...

So here is a peek of the packaging of the product:


Credits to the owner of this picture. :)

So that is the packaging. The body was made of plastic and also the black one at the top.

So after my addiction to Istanbul shade, I immediately purchased the San Paulo shade. But this time I bought it online. Because I heard that it is much more cheaper when you bought it online. Which is true!

So I bought it at: Chic Cosmetics Manila
I just don't know if they ship their products worldwide... 
After you sent them your proof of payment, they immediately ship the item. Then, taa-daa, you'll receive the product the next day! Isn't great?

HAHAHA! That's my brief review about that online shop which is based here in the Philippines.
So much of a Segway!

So here's a picture of the San Paulo shade:


Credits to the owner of this picture.

So I prefer this shade more. Aside for the fact that, I like darker shades. It suites my morena skintone. It looks more natural to my skintone. It also last longer, even if I drink water or juices. Amazing, because it was still there. Maybe, the shade will fade a little bit, but it will still look good. Because it will appear more natural on your lips. As if you got a pink lips or a little bit dark pink lips naturally! :)




So now I'm giving you the PRO'S AND CONS of NYX Soft Matte Lipstick.



PROS:
  • It can last for like 4-8 hours.
  • Good for daily use.
  • It doesn't dry your lips when you use lip balm after applying your Soft Matte Lipstick.
  • I prefer the darker shades than the light ones. For the fact that, it is in a velvet texture.
  • Very affordable. Specially when you bought it online.
  • Very handy for its size.
  • Convenient to use because it has a doe foot applicator.
CONS:
  • Lighter shades seem to fade easily. Specially after you drink water.
  • It can dry your lips if you don't apply lip balm after.
  • You need a lip balm to sustain this lipstick and also your lips.
  • In the Philippines, it is very expensive. For the  fact that, it is an imported product.
  • The doe foot applicator isn't good for hygiene conscious ladies.

ALL IN ALL:
I still love this product. I will definitely buy this again. Again, I prefer the darker shades because it lasts longer. I can say that this is the cheaper version of MAC Cosmetics. This product is a very good substitute to expensive MAC Cosmetics.


RATING:
8/10*





No comments:

Post a Comment