Saturday, July 19, 2014

Yay or Nay: Revlon Matte Lipstick




I've been using Revlon Matte Lipstick since I was in college... I actually love it... For the fact that I bought two shades of it...

First I bought the Cocoa Craving shade... The shade was a little bit brownish yet it also has a little bit orange color in it. It was good for daily use. Its not like I'm going to a bar or in a party. It is a neutral color. It is perfect specially if you want to look simple yet classy, I recommend you to use this shade...

So here is a picture of the packaging and the shade - Cocoa Craving...


Credit to the owner of this photo.


I enjoyed using this shade... I even bought two pieces of this shade, and then after, I decided to buy other shade from Revlon's Matte Lipstick... 





So I went to SM Mall in Rosales, Pangasinan, and then I visited a Revlon stall... after some time of trying swatches of different shades... I've picked the shade of Mauve it Over...

At first, I was in regret when I bought the shade of Mauve it Over. Because I thought it was very light and dull for my skin tone. I thought it didn't match my skin tone... But then I realized that it was just me, who is always fond of dark and bold shades when it comes to lipsticks...

Mauve it Over was perfect for daily use... This shade was so close to being nude but it has a little bit pink shade in it.

So here is a picture of the shade...





OVERALL:

PROS

  • I love all the shades of Revlon's Matte Lipstick.
  • Very pigmented.
  • Good for daily use.
  • You don't need a lip balm to support your lips. The matte lipstick alone is enough.

CONS

  • Quite pricy for being a drug store cosmetic... Price is around 350 - 450 pesos...
  • Darker shades last longer than the light ones.
  • Can dry your lips sometimes.
  • The shade "sometimes" transfers or stains your front tooth. But it can be wipe out when seen.


RATING

  • 7.5/10


ALL IN ALL:

It was fun having this product, but I will try other more products in the market. Still YAY!














No comments:

Post a Comment